Browse Items (63 total)

PA Map 17.jpg
Colored fire insurance plan of a section of Port Arthur, sheet no. 17 - 19 November 1908. The scale is 50 ft - 1 in. The map was included in the presentation "Before the Temple: origins of the Finnish Labour Temple" by Marc Metsaranta since it…

Not viewed

091019-001.jpg
Black and white photograph of a gathering in front of the Finnish Labour Temple, Tyokansa Newspaper and the Cooperative Trading Company buildings as they appeared circa 1915. Also visible in the photograph is a man standing on the balcony in front of…

Not viewed

TBFCHS-H443.jpg
Group postcard photograph of the executive members and one child. Women executive are mostly seated in the front row with men in back rows

Not viewed

CAUU-031.jpg
Colour photograph taken from Bay Street of the Finnish Labour Temple. The entrance to the Hoito is shown and a sign for Canadian Sanomat on the window on the far left of photograph

Not viewed

CAUU-058.jpg
Colour photograph of the facade of the Finnish Labour Temple. Signs for the Finlandia Club and Hoito are visible. The photograph was taken from the opposite side of Bay Street

Not viewed

CAUU-059.jpg
Colour photograph of the Finlandia Club and Hoito Restaurant signs hanging outside the front of the Finnish Labour Temple. Finn Cafe sign is also visible next door in the Little Finn Hall

Not viewed

201107-016a.jpg
Finnish Building Company time book which appears to be for work completed on the Finnish Labour Temple by carpenters, painters, and laborers

Not viewed

TBFCHS_MG8_D11Ai2-2.jpg
Finnish Labour Temple (Big Finn Hall) built in 1910, 314 Bay Street, Thunder Bay. Hoito Restaurant located in basement. Donor: Sandra Koivu.

Not viewed

TBFCHS_MG8_D11Ai1.jpg
Finnish Labour Temple (Big Finn Hall) built in 1910, 314 Bay Street, Thunder Bay. Tyokansa Newspaper located in basement.

Not viewed

104_2.3.jpg
Finnish Labour Temple and Hoito Restaurant (Basement). Built in 1910, 314 Bay Street, Thunder Bay. Hoito Restaurant located in basement. Tyokansa Newspaper building on left, built in 1912, later became Small Finn Hall about 1921-22, 316 Bay Street,…

Not viewed

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2